Get the smooth skin you’ve always wanted. Deep Blue Med Spa offers a gentle, non-invasive, long-lasting laser treatment for the face, back, legs, bikini line or any other body area. Laser technology has been performed safely for many years and effectively eliminates dozens of hairs with each pulse of light. To achieve optimal results most patients will require a minimum of 5 treatments while darker skin types may require more.
Laser hair reduction procedures stop hair growth at the base of the follicle by emitting a beam of light that passes harmlessly through the skin. The light’s energy is absorbed by color pigment in the hair follicle and converted into heat, disabling the follicle and destroying its ability to regrow. Our state of the art lasers are all equipped with a pre-cooling agent to provide the most comfort and tissue protection during your treatment.
The hair growth cycle occurs in three stages. Laser hair reduction will be most effective during the anagen (active) stage, when the follicle is darkest and absorbs the most energy. Considering the variances in hair growth cycles throughout the body, several treatments may be necessary to disable the remaining follicles. Treatments are usually given at intervals of four to six weeks, depending on age, metabolism and other factors influencing hair growth.
Patients can expect some mild discomfort. Depending on the area of the body and the magnitude of hair follicles, anywhere from three to six treatments may be needed. It is important to have these treatments at varied intervals to capture the follicles at different stages of growth. We recommend avoiding the sun before and after your treatment and applying the provided soothing lotions.
Treatments typically provide up to 80% permanent hair reduction. There is no recovery period associated with laser hair reduction procedures.
Please contact us for more information on laser hair reduction at our practice.
Is Laser Hair Reduction right for me?
- Have unwanted hair?
- Hate shaving or waxing?
- Often experience ingrown hairs and red bumps after shaving/waxing?
How does it work?
- Laser energy targets the hair at the follicle that reduces the hair re-growth.
What do I need to know?
- Complimentary consultations are available at all Deep Blue Med Spa locations.
- Shave the area prior to appointment.
- 5 or more treatments may be necessary to achieve desired result.
- Each session is faster and less painful than waxing.
- Not effective on white or grey hair.
- May experience some redness or swelling for 1 day.
- No direct sun exposure on the treated area for 2 weeks.
- Treatment is long lasting.
- Do not wax or tweeze in between treatments. You may shave the treated area.