Dermaplaning has become a highly sought after skin treatment, due to its ability to reveal healthy, smooth skin for a glowing facial appearance. This medical procedure is considered a safe method of exfoliating the skin and removing fine vellus hair – also called peach fuzz.
Dermaplaning is performed using a scalpel that is gently swept across the skin, sloughing off dead skin cells and fine hair. It can address a variety of cosmetic concerns, ranging from dry skin and fine hair to hyperpigmentation and wrinkles. The process is relatively quick, with most patients having their entire face treated in about 30 to 45 minutes.
Dermaplaning proves to be a viable option for many individuals, but it is especially beneficial for pregnant or nursing patients who wish to revive a dull, dry complexion. The treatment offers deep exfoliation without the potentially harmful peeling agents that can enter the bloodstream and be transferred to the baby.
Since the process only removes the outermost layer of the skin (epidermis), there is typically no downtime or side effects. Although many people are concerned that their hair will grow back darker and thicker, this is not true. Since the hair being removed is vellus hair, it grows back exactly as it was before.
If you have any questions about dermaplaning, or wish to set up your appointment, please contact us to find a time that works with your schedule.
Is Dermaplaning right for me?
- Have dull, dry skin?
- Have mild acne scarring or sun damage?
- Dislike the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles?
- Want to remove unwanted vellus hair?
How does it work?
- A scalpel is gently guided along the top layer of the skin to remove dead cells and fine hair, revealing the healthy, glowing skin underneath.
What do I need to know?
- Complimentary consultations are available at all Deep Blue Med Spa locations.
- Patients can choose to undergo multiple sessions to achieve optimal results.
- Each session takes approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Skin will be especially sensitive.
- Hair will not grow back thicker and darker.
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30+ to prevent potential hyperpigmentation.
- Better absorption of skincare products or rejuvenative treatments.
*Results May Vary