Skincare for Men Featuring LIPSG Dr. Yoel Rojas
If there’s one thing that our experts wish men knew about skincare, it’s that quality products aren’t just reserved for the ladies. In fact, following a well-rounded routine is the key to lessening breakouts, preventing wrinkles, and protecting the skin from sun damage.
Luckily, our very own Dr. Yoel Rojas is a walking example of what great skincare looks like. So today, we’re diving into his daily routine.
“I have normal-to-oily skin,” began Rojas. “The products below have been my go-to for the last two years. Prior to starting on a medical grade system I was your typical CVS/Walgreens kind of guy (and honestly, there is nothing wrong with that). However, as I read, learned, and listened to experts in my field, I began to really believe in the power of adding quality products into my regimen. Today, these aren’t just the brands I recommend to my patients, but also what I swear by for myself.”
1. I start my morning with the ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Cleanser. This helps to eliminate dirt and surface oils, as well as to unclog my pores. 1-2 times per week I will also use the ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Polish as it gives me a more intense exfoliation. The magnesium crystals in this product leave my skin feeling super smooth and baby-soft.
2. Next is the ZO Skin Health Calming Toner. The name says it all; after exfoliating, this product adds a refreshing, cooling effect to the skin. Most importantly though, it balances the skin’s pH, preparing it to better absorb the serums and moisturizers that will follow.
3. After toning, it’s all about hydration. First, I go in with the ZO Skin Health Daily Power Defense. This product is my absolute favorite. It’s packed with antioxidants and anti-aging properties, and feels so good when applying. Next, I use the Growth Factor Serum. This has plant-derived growth factors that improve the overall appearance of the skin, leaving it looking hydrated, firm, and dewy. It also smells amazing.
4. For moisturizer I use Revision’s D-E-J Face Cream and D-E-J Eye Cream. They make the skin more firm and plump. They also help to reduce fine lines, balance skin tone, and add brightness. I love them.
5. Finally, Sunscreen! I absolutely love the ProBLUE MD Pure Protection Sunscreen. It’s zinc-based, SPF 50, and comes in the form of a spray! After applying all those moisturizers trust me when I tell you I don’t want to apply another cream! I just spray this all over my face and I am good to go!
1. In the evenings I keep things short and sweet. After showering I clean my face with either the ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Cleanser or the Complexion Renewal Pads. I honestly use the pads more often because I find them to be fast, simple, and effective.
2. Finally, I use my 1% retinol-based products: The ZO Skin Health Radical Night Repair and Intense Eye Cream. These help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, stimulate collagen production, improve brightness, reduce the appearance of brown spots, and provide a more even tone!
For more information on how to build an individualized skincare regimen or to address specific areas of concern, give us a call today!