During puberty, pregnancy, or even weight gain, skin can become stretched to a point where it does not bounce back. As a result, stretch marks, or striae, form. These marks first appear as pink, red, or purple, streaks across the skin in common areas including the abdomen, thighs, hips, breasts, upper arms, or lower back. Over time, the stretch marks fade and the streaks change to a glossy silver or white color.
Stretch marks occur in the middle layer of the skin, or dermis. This layer of skin contains elastin and collagen, which are responsible for helping skin maintain its shape. However, with constant stretching, the collagen and elastin break down leaving behind stretch marks.
Finally, there’s a treatment for these unwanted and sometimes unsightly striations in the skin. Deep Blue Med Spa treats stretch marks with the FDA cleared Palomar fractional resurfacing laser. This non-ablative treatment delivers an array of high-precision microbeams to the dermis, which triggers a natural healing process that creates healthy new tissue and new collagen in the dermis. This no-downtime treatment improves both the color and skin texture associated with stretch marks. This treatment works on new and mature stretch marks.
3-5 treatments are required for optimal results.
Is Palomar® right for me?
- Have uneven skin tone or texture, brown spots or age spots?
- Have deep set wrinkles, fine lines, scars, and/or stretch marks?
How does it work?
- Non-surgical ablative treatment that resurfaces by delivering an intense wavelength of light to the skin.
- Uses pinpoint laser beams that penetrate beneath the skin’s surface to stimulate the body’s own natural healing process.
What do I need to know?
- Complimentary consultations are available at all Deep Blue Med Spa locations.
- 1 or more treatments may be necessary to achieve desired result.
- Numbing cream is applied to the skin prior to treatment to eliminate discomfort.
- Depending on skin condition, skin may need to be prepped with topical products to achieve optimum results (determined at consult).
- May need 5-7 days of downtime.
- Your provider will prescribe an at home skincare regimen, to be used for 5-7 days after treatment.
- Apply SPF to the treated area.
- Will experience some swelling, redness and flaking.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our Physician Assistants, please contact us today.