Sculptra® Aesthetic is a cosmetic injectable that was designed to treat facial fat loss (lipoatrophy). Over time, as volume depletes in the face, the cheek and eye area can develop a hollow, sunken appearance. With FDA-approved Sculptra® Aesthetic, patients can achieve a beautiful rejuvenation by enhancing the contours of their face and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. Popular concerns treated with Sculptra® Aesthetic include:
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines)
- Marionette lines
- Chin wrinkles
- Indentations on the skin
- Sunken appearance around the eyes
Sculptra® Aesthetic is composed of a synthetic material known as poly-L-lactic acid. Due to
its biocompatible nature, there is no need to undergo allergy testing. The special injectable formula works by stimulating the body’s natural production of collagen, which is a protein that provides structure to the skin. With Sculptra® Aesthetic, fatty tissue that has been lost with age is replaced for long-lasting results.
Treatment sessions take approximately 30 minutes or less to complete. A local anesthetic can be administered prior to treatment to maximize comfort throughout the process. Patients can often return to their daily activities immediately. They may have some redness, swelling, or bruising for the first few days, or small bumps at treated area when pressed, but these should quickly fade.
*Results from Sculptra® Aesthetic should continue to improve over time as collagen is produced. Best results can last up to two years, but follow-up treatments can prolong the favorable effects for long-term rejuvenation. Our team typically recommends three or four treatment sessions for most patients to achieve optimal results, and these are spread out over the course of three to four months.
Is Sculptra® Aesthetic Right For Me?
- Don’t want surgery or downtime?
- Looking for non-surgical alternatives to enhance the definition to your facial features?
- Seeking to reduce deep facial folds and wrinkles?
How Does Sculptra® Aesthetic Work?
- Non-surgical treatment.
- Stimulates collagen production to restore lost facial volume.
- Smooths facial creases to rejuvenate appearance.
What Do I Need To Know?
- Complimentary consultations are available at all Deep Blue Med Spa locations.
- Procedure takes about 30 minutes or less.
- Results will gradually improve with time and can last up to two years.
- No downtime required.
- May experience mild swelling, redness, and/or bruising at treatment area.
*Results May Vary