The experts at Deep Blue Med Spa are proud to offer NovaThreads, a minimally-invasive procedure that utilizes thread lifting to significantly minimize visible signs of aging. This innovative procedure is able to lift drooping brows, restore volume to the cheeks, tighten the skin on and around the neck, and reduce the appearance of marionette lines and jowls.
What Are NovaThreads And How Do They Work?
NovaThreads are small, fully absorbable sutures made of polydioxanone (PDO), a synthetic biocompatible material long used in surgical settings. With age, our skin naturally loses elasticity which often results in a sagging and wrinkled appearance of the chin, jawline and neck area, as well as a hollow appearance in the cheeks due to loss of volume. While these concerns have traditionally been remedied through procedures like face and neck lifts, NovaThreads help to create positive results without surgery. By placing sutures just below the skin in precise locations, this treatment can effectively lift and tighten parts of the face. NovaThreads come in a variety of sizes and shapes that can be combined by your specialist to create a customized treatment plan. Plus, in addition to lifting and tightening, this procedure also works to stimulate the body’s natural collagen production for long-lasting facial rejuvenation.
The NovaThreads Thread Lifting Experience
During a facial rejuvenation consultation, one of our Deep Blue Med Spa experts will thoroughly assess your needs to determine what non-surgical treatment plan is right for you. If you are deemed a candidate for NovaThreads, you will be set up with an appointment. On the day of your procedure, your provider will apply local anesthetic to numb the placement area. Once your skin is sufficiently numb, the NovaThreads, which come pre-packaged inside hypodermic needles, will be strategically placed under the skin according to your pre-determined treatment plan. While some patients experience mild swelling, tenderness, or redness at the placement site, most are typically able to resume their regular activities that same day.
Benefits of NovaThreads
- This is a minimally-invasive, non-surgical procedure.
- NovaThreads can lift and/or tighten the brows, cheeks, lips, chin, and neck.
- NovaThreads can stimulate natural collagen production in the face and neck.
- The results of a NovaThreads procedure will continue to improve even after the threads have been naturally absorbed into the body.
- This treatment can be combined with other procedures, such as injectable fillers, during the same appointment.
- No downtime required.
The lifting and tightening effects of your NovaThreads procedure will be immediately visible and your results will gradually improve over the following few weeks as collagen production is stimulated. Your body will naturally absorb the NovaThreads roughly six months after placement. Most patients find that their facial skin is visibly refreshed and revitalized after their procedure, but retain a natural-looking appearance.
Are NovaThreads Right For Me?
If you are seeking to reduce the signs of aging with non-invasive facial rejuvenation, then NovaThreads may be the right procedure for you. NovaThreads is an ideal option for men and women who are in overall good health and are looking to revitalize their appearance by restoring volume to the mid-face or lifting and/or tightening the chin or neck.
What Do I Need To Know?
- Consultations for NovaThreads are available at all Deep Blue Med Spa locations.
- Treatment times vary depending on the size and number of treatment areas; typically NovaThreads treatments take approximately 60-90 minutes.
- Results are visible immediately. However, most patients see optimal results 1 week post treatment when swelling has completely subsided.
- No downtime required.
- May experience mild swelling, redness, and/or tenderness.
To find out if you are a candidate for NovaThreads non-surgical facial rejuvenation, schedule a complimentary consultation with an experienced member of our clinical staff. Contact us today to schedule your appointment at one of the convenient Deep Blue Med Spa locations in New York.
View All Specials >
The Medical Professionals at Deep Blue Med Spa have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.